MEMORIAL WEEKEND! FAMILY FUN, BRING THE CHILDREN!
Kitsap Harbor Festival Bremerton Boardwalk Events include over 50 booths featuring fabulous food, crafts and many interesting new and familiar items to see and purchase.
Two days of entertainment on the Main Stage with some of your favorite bands, featuring the very popular Navy Band Northwest on Saturday from 4 to 6pm. For information on all Main Stage schedule, access the Entertainment section.
Enjoy the beer garden, again sponsored by Bremerton Bar & Grill on the viewing platform. A great view of the activities in the Port of Bremerton Marina and Main Stage Entertainment. Open all hours of the festival.
Also bring the little ones for story time presented by the Kitsap Regional Library, both mornings at 11am to start the day and then the Venture Crew 1517 will dive for sea creatures, bring them to the stage, tell you about them and the kids can see them up close and even touch and learn about our amazing ‘friends’ that live in the water.
Visit the new KidZone this year with many activities for the little ones and the young at heart.
May 24th and 25th on Saturday from 10 am to 6pm and Sunday from 10am to 5pm on Memorial Weekend.
KITSAP HARBOR FESTIVAL
Saturday & Sunday - Memorial Weekend May 24th & 25th
Bremerton Marina & Boardwalk
Downtown Bremerton & Port Orchard Marina & Park
The Bremerton-Port Orchard foot ferry will operate every 30 minutes from 8:30am (departs Port Orchard until 7:45pm (departs Bremerton)). Fare is $2.00 each way (effective Saturday and Sunday)
Bremerton Saturday May 24th
- 10:00 – 6:00 Vendors, Food, Crafts
- 10:00 – 4:00 6th Annual Kitsap Car Cruz on Pacific Avenue
- 10:00 – 6:00 KIDS ZONE With Lost Boys Pirates and Pirate Ship
- 10:00 – 6:00 Bremerton Boardwalk Entertainment
- 10:30 – 10:45 -Carrie Kay National Anthem
- 11:00 – 11:30 - Kitsap Regional Library Story Time
- 12:00 – 12:45– Venture Crew 1517 / Sound Dive Divers bring sea creatures to talk and “touch”
- 1:00 – 2:00 - Synergy Dance Company
- 2:30 – 3:00 Carrie Kay - Patriotic & Variety
- 4:00 – 6:00 - Navy Band Northwest “Popular Music Group”
- 10:00 – 6:00 Bremerton Bar & Grill Beer Garden on top of Pump House
- 10:00 – 6:00 Historic Military Vehicle Display
Port Orchard Saturday May 24th
- Pirates Rendezvous Craft & and Vendor Show – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Come enjoy Tugboat Bromberg,a true Pirate Nautical Musician.
- Saturday and Sunday
- Kids activities
- Beer Garden by One Ten Lounge , 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Seagull Calling Festival – 10:00 a.m.
- Wings Cook Off – 12:00 p.m.
- Seagull Splat 5K Run – 12:30 p.m.
- Race start: Westbay Center Plaza on Bay Street)
- Race finish Marina Waterfront Park
- Kids Dash will be following the run - All dashers will receive a toy!
- Highway 3 Band, 12 p.m. – 2 p.m., Marina Gazebo
- Pirates Ball at Moon Dogs Too – Live Band, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Cover charge goes to support the 4th of July Fireworks Show
Bremerton Sunday May 25th
- 10:00 – 5:00 Vendors, Food, Crafts
- 10:00 – 5:00 KIDS ZONE With Lost Boys Pirates and Pirate Ship
- 10:00 – 5:00 Bremerton Boardwalk Entertainment
- 10:30 – 11:00 –Carrie Kay National Anthem +15 minutes of Patriotic/Variety
- 11:00 – 1:30–Kitsap Regional Library Story Time
- 11:30 – 12:15–Venture Crew 1517 / Sound Dive Divers bring sea creatures to talk and “touch”
- 12:30 – 2:00–Navy Band Northwest “Deception Brass”
- 3:00 – 5:00–2ndEdition
- 10:00 – 5:00Bremerton Bar & Grill Beer Garden on top of Pump House
- 10:00 – 5:00Historic Military Vehicle Display
Port Orchard, Sunday May 25th
- Pirates Rendezvous Craft & and Vendor Show - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Kids activities
- Navy Band Northwest - 12 Noon -2 p.m., Marina Gazebo
- Pirates/Pet Costume Contest – 2 p.m. at the Marina Gazebo
6TH ANNUAL KITSAP CAR CRUZ
As part of the Kitsap Harbor Festival, on Saturday, May 24, 2014 from 10 A.M. to 4 P.M. join us downtown Bremerton on Pacific Avenue for the 6th Annual Kitsap Car Cruz! Enjoy viewing and checking out the variety of special cars along Pacific Avenue such as Classic, Antique, Hot Rods, Rat Rods, and Low Riders!
Continue to enjoy Kitsap Harbor Festival family fun on the Bremerton waterfront and Port Orchard waterfront!
LOST BOYS PIRATES AND KIDS ZONE
Visit the pirate’s encampment or visit their pirate ship “Sons of the Morning Star” from 10am to 6pm on May 24th and 10am to 5pm on May 25th. There be pirates, a petting zone, cannons, gifts and a chance to steal some of Captain Bill’s treasure if you’re brave enough and maybe even a chance to fight the scallywags. Great photo opportunities for the family.
MILITARY VEHICLE DISPLAY
The West Sound Military Vehicle Club will be putting on a vintage military vehicle show Saturday and Sunday, adjacent to the Boardwalk. Most of these vehicles are restored WWII and Korean-war era combat vehicles including jeeps, weapons carriers, half tracks, bomb trucks and more. The club will also display WWII, Korea and Vietnam era military equipment and educational displays. Great photo opportunities for kids of all ages. Admission Free.
SEAGULL CALLING EVENT
The 26th Annual Seagull Calling Event is set to take flight on Sunday, May 24th, 2014 at the Port Orchard Waterfront Marina Park. Festivities include the highly anticipated “Seagull” Wings Cook-off, where hundreds of “seagull” wings are created, grilled and served up by both amateur and commercial contestants hoping to win bragging rights for their wing recipes. For the seventh year, judges will sample, deliberate and announce “Whose Wings Reign Supreme!” for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in two categories: amateurs (home cooks and grillers) and commercial (restaurants, caterers, other commercial kitchens). Wings will be distributed to the public for $1 a wing donation and attendees can vote on the People’s Choice.
To celebrate the 26th Anniversary of the Seagull Calling Event we have waived “Seagull” Wings Cook-Off Registrations fees for 2014! Check out the Cook-Off info here!
The fun doesn’t end there! Beginning at 10am (registrations starts at 9am) the Annual Seagull Calling Event will take place. This will be the 26th year that contestants young and old, as individuals or in groups, some in costumes-- will take turns on the beach ‘calling the seagulls’. Contestants try to mimic the seagull’s cry and bribe the birds with tortillas, French fries, bread and the judges with candy cookies and sometimes even money, to win various coveted prizes.
FATHOMS O’ FUN FESTIVAL
is excited to bring the 1st Annual Seagull Splat 5K Run as a new event this year to the Memorial Day Weekend of Events! A portion of the proceeds will benefit VFW Post 2669 to help Military and Veteran Families. You can get more information or register early at www.fathomsofun.org
Registration onsite starts at 9am and the race begins at 12:30pm.
For more information on the Seagull Calling Event, which takes place during the Kitsap Harbor Festival, contact the Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce at 360-876-3505 or go online to www.portorchard.com
. Applications for the Seagull Wings Cook-Off are available online at www.portorchard.com